Dr. Lewis Ladocsi was born in Newark, New Jersey, and graduated with Honors in Anthropology from Duke University. He then received his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia and completed a residency in General Surgery at the Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, New Jersey. He returned to MCV and completed a residency in Plastic Surgery, then went on to complete a fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery with Dr. James Carraway at Eastern Virginia Medical School. He joined Richmond Plastic Surgeons in 2000, and specializes in cosmetic surgery of the breast, face and body, as well as all aspects of reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Ladocsi has presented on various surgical topics at regional and national meetings around the country, and has written articles on both general and plastic surgery which have appeared in many national, peer-reviewed journals. During his career in Richmond, he has been recognized for patient care, leadership, and community service. Dr. Ladocsi is board certified in plastic surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, as well as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He currently serves as the president of the Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons. He lives with his wife and three children in Midlothian, and his interests include photography and Civil War history.
- Eastern Virginia Medical School, Cosmetic Surgery
- Chairman: James Carraway, M.D.
- Medical College of Virginia, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Chairman: Austin I. Mehrhof, D.D.S., M.D.
- St. Barnabas Medical Center (Livingston, NJ), General Surgery
- Chairman: Francis C. Nance, M.D.
- M.D. Medical College of Virginia
- Duke University, B.A. in Anthropology with Honors
- Tulane University
- Newark Academy, Livingston, New Jersey
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons (Past President)
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Board of Directors, Medical Society of Virginia (2002-‘03)
- Chair, Medical Economics Committee, Medical Society of Virginia (2002-‘03)
- Trustee, Richmond Academy of Medicine (2003)
- Secretary-Treasurer, Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons (2001-‘04)
- President, Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons (2005-present)
- Medical Director, The Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery (2002-present)
- Pineapple Award for Patient Care, Chippenham-Johnston-Willis Hospitals (2001)
- Distinguished Service Award, Richmond Academy of Medicine (2002)
- Activism Award, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2002)
- Richmond Top Docs, Richmond Magazine (2008 – 2016)
- Richmond’s Best Cosmetic Surgeon 2016
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Civil War History
- Sunday-School Teacher
- Saint Edward the Confessor Catholic Church (2012-Present)