Changing the size and shape of your breasts improves your overall proportions and boosts your confidence. If you are considering a Richmond breast augmentation, entrust your care to the surgeons at our practice. We specialize in breast augmentation and provide exceptional care to every patient. Contact us today to schedule your personal consultation.
How Do Breast Implants Work?
Breast implants have two components: an outer shell and a liquid inside the shell. While the shell is always made from silicone, the liquid inside can be either silicone or saline. Both are approved by the FDA, but you must be at least 22 years old to be considered for silicone breast implants. Here’s some information to help you decide which type of breast implant is the best fit for you:
- Breast implants are sized according to the amount of filler inside the implant itself (measured in “CCs,” or cubic centimeters)
- You can choose your implants based on things like filler type, size, and shape
- You must be at least 18 years old for saline implants and 22 years old for silicone implants
- Younger patients can be considered for breast implants for reconstructive purposes
- Revision surgery might be needed in the future to replace your breast implants, as they’re not designed to last forever
- Be sure to include an evaluation of your implants during your annual breast examinations