If your breasts are smaller than you would prefer for your lifestyle, physique, or goals, increasing their size is an option. In fact, even the most dramatic of popular improvements to the breasts, breast augmentation, can be done in under two hours. The longest parts of the procedure are what comes before and after it: due diligence, decisions, and rest and recovery.
Why Bigger Breasts Matter
Size is relative. The position and prominence of the female breasts make them an important and obvious factor in how one’s whole body looks and feels. When a person feels their breasts are too small relative to their body, self-confidence can decrease and self-conscience can increase. Thankfully, science allows even this condition to be rapidly resolved.
Naturally Increasing Breast Size
According to Healthline, “No food or diet plan has been clinically proven to increase breast size. There are also no supplements, pumps, or creams that can make breasts larger.” Yet on the positive side, there are exercises that can help. “The best natural way to enhance the look of your breasts is to do exercises that strengthen the chest, back, and shoulder area,” says Healthline.
Healthline suggests seven exercises to naturally increase breast size: Wall Presses, Arm Circles, Arm Presses (prayer poses, horizontal chest presses, and chest press extensions), and Modified Push-Ups. These exercises are likely to increase the fullness of the breasts, but will likely fall short of making the significant improvements you might be after.
Increasing Breast Size Non-Surgically
There are also a couple of minimally-invasive, nonsurgical options for breast enlargement. It should be understood, however, that while these can be effective in adding some volume to the breasts, they are, understandably, not going to produce the noticeable results as much volume as available with the surgical options for breast enlargement. Non-surgical options include:
- Vampire Breast Lift: This uses platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to give the breasts the appearance of a lift, with results seen gradually over a few months.
- Botox: Botox can be smartly used to produce the appearance of a minor breast lift that will last a few months. A Botox “breast lift” targets the muscles that pull the shoulders forward, allowing for the back muscles to compensate and lift the breasts slightly.
- Dermal Fillers: Sculptra can be utilized to prompt the body to produce new collagen in treated areas. If the breasts are treated this way, seeing significant improvement may require several treatments over the course of a few weeks.
Increasing Breast Size Effectively
Exercise and some non-surgical options can produce mild to moderate changes in the projection, size or shape of the breasts, however, these options tend to be much less direct than a surgical breast augmentation. Surgical options of breast enlargement include:
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation: Utilizing healthy fat taken from other parts of the body where you might not want it, a fat transfer breast augmentation gives a woman larger, fuller breasts and doesn’t necessitate the degree of incisions that breast implants and other forms of augmentation require. The recovery period will also be far shorter. Fat transfer breast augmentation is best for patients seeking a slight enhancement to their breasts: more pronounced than the non-surgical options, but less pronounced than straight breast augmentation with implants. Results will be more noticeable than all exercise or non-surgical options.
- Breast Augmentation: Breast augmentation uses a set of FDA-approved implants of either silicone or saline to artificially boost the size and shape of the breasts. Patients seeking the most dramatic improvement in their breasts tend to opt for breast augmentation with implants. Implants can appear totally natural to the eye and to the touch and come in a wide, wide variety of contours, styles and sizes. Art lies in correctly choosing and properly placing implants of a size and style that will accentuate the breasts very nicely, while integrating with the remainder of a patient’s body and physique.
As home to the top plastic surgeons serving the greater Richmond area, we hope that one or more of these breast enhancement options suits your preferences and will be pleased to answer any additional questions you may have. Whichever method you choose, among the most important choices you’ll have to make is your selection of a qualified practitioner or surgeon. We’d be very happy to show you how we can help you meet your beauty and body goals.